11. What is the local database file and what does it contain?
The local database file is stored as siebel7.7\local\sse_data.dbf and contains:
--Files available to the mobile client when disconnected
--Files added to local file system are synchronized up to Siebel File System
12. List the Siebel Server (Remote) Components.
--Server directory structure
--Generate new database
13. What happens during database extract?
--Extract Enterprise data (entrpse.dat), Get Enterprise literature (entrpse.toc)
--Extract data for USERA (database.dat), Get literature owned by USERA (000001.toc)
--Entrpse.dat & database.dat = (000001.uaf)
--Entrpse.toc & 000001.toc = (000002.toc)
14. What does transaction processor do?
Copies transactions from the Master Transaction log to the Siebel servers, in sequentially numbered .dx files. Purges the Master Transaction log once transactions are routed to all Siebel servers. Run only one transaction processor per Siebel server
15. What does transaction router do?
Get transactions (Txnproc\) for each mobile users, lock \Docking directory for the user it is processing. Use visibility rules to rebundle/route transactions to mobile clients outboxes. Multiple router tasks can be started on a Siebel Remote Server
16. What are the following files - dobjinst.dbf and visdata.dbf?
--dobjinst.dbf - a list of all accounts, opportunities, etc.
--Visdata.dbf - visibility data needed when data changes are made that affect visibility, obtained from the database server. Cached on the server for routing to other mobile users
17. What is Transaction Merger and what does it do?
Transaction merger is an asynchronous process. It applies uploaded transactions from Mobile client inboxes onto the database. Inboxes processed in order mobile clients Synchronize. Run at least one transaction merger for each Siebel Server
18. What are the steps for enabling Siebel Remote on the server?
--Verify server specifications
--Set Siebel Remote system preferences
--Review routing rules
--Generate database template
--Register mobile clients
--Configure remote server components
19. What are the steps involved in enabling Siebel Remote for Clients?
--Verify client specifications
--Update CFG file
--Initialize mobile client database
--Set synchronization preferences
20. What happens during initialization?
--Prompts for mobile client connection information.
--Validates Mobile Client
--Checks for database extract
--Downloads snapshot, template, and file attachments
--Creates and loads database
--Again prompts for connection information.