1. Name the four levels of control we have over the Server.
2. Name the four states that a component can be in.
3. Name 5 third party software packages that are shipped with Siebel.
--Fulcrum Search Builder
--Sybase SQL Anywhere
4. Explain the 5 main functions of the Server Manger
--Controls your Enterprise,
--Manages Siebel Servers,
--Allows the configuration of the components,
--Allow you to run tasks,
5. Name and explain the three modes of Component operation
--Server Mode : run background operations for the server and runs forever, once started.
--Task Mode : run specific task and exits upon completion,
--Session Mode : created dynamically for client request. Runs as long as session is maintained then exits.
6. What are the major functions of Siebel Remote?
--Synchronization of database server and mobile client database
--Obtaining and updating literature, correspondence, and attachments from the Siebel File System
7. What are the benefits/features of Siebel Remote?
--Brief connection time for mobile users
--Easy to use
--Resistant to failure
--Detailed reporting of synchronization events and statistics
--Consistent client and server
--Security and authentication
8. What are the major functions of Siebel Anywhere?
--Create an upgrade kit
--Distribute the upgrade kit contents
--Apply the upgrade kit contents
9. What is the Master Transaction log, what is stored in it and what happens to it?
Master Transaction log is stored in S_DOCK_TXN_LOG. All transactions are recorded that occur via stationary & thin clients, EIM, AM, WF and Siebel Remote. Only the net-changes are stored. Once copied to the server the log is purged.
10. What are the functions of Synchronization Manager?
--Validates the mobile client
--Validates and decompresses transaction files
--Handles transfer of literature, correspondence, and attachments